Baby #3 is on the way & I need a diaper bag big enough to carry everything needed for 3 little ones. Any suggestions?!!

hleas

Asked by hleas at 4:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• unless you truly need to lug everything along with three kids at all times, you can always do what i did... i only had one child but i liked to be out and about alot - i always kept a pack of diapers and wipes, some formula, changes of clothes for both of us, etc., in the trunk... i had a mini diaper bag to take inside places with the bare essentials of what i would need at the time.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You can do what I did and keep one of the smaller totes full of enough outfits, Wal-Mart bags (true blessings at times), formula, snacks, extra bottles and toys in the trunk! Then the smaller bag for carrying with you.....but I always just used a larger purse..lol
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I had 3 kids under 3 and I only ever used the little bag the hospital sent home with me. I was able to fit everything I needed for a newborn and 2 toddlers (13 months and 28 months) for a day trip in that one bag. We also kept extra diapers and wipes in the car for each child so I could easily repack the bag if needed.
    I was able to get 2-5 diapers for each kid (more for the newborn), a small pack of wipes, 2 bottles plus a bottle of water for mixing bottles, formula in small container, 2 changes of clothes for each kid, snacks for the older kids, extra pacifiers, receiving blankets for spitting up, a few toys for the older kids, band-aids and tylenol for owies, cups for the older kids, sometimes books for the older kids, paper & crayons and more.
    Last time I only had 1 baby and there was so much room in the bag I didn't know what to do with it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• WOW! JEN HAS IT DOWN!!!
    you know, any bag will do.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I basically do what jen does
    i have twins who are 9 months. for example, yesterday I had to take them to a college graduation and then dinner after, we were gone for about six hours.
    i packed one diaper bag for the graduation and one for the resturant.
    on normal day trips i pack that bag full of diapers clothes toys bottles etc and leave most of it in the car when I head into a store.
    that way the diaper bag isn't huge and heavy but i have what I need.

i just have a normal size diaper bag.
    i got it at a thirft store but you can get the same one at walmart.... its brown and has circles that are lik eblue and green....
    try to find one at second hand baby store, theyre way cheaper.

congrats on your three little ones btw
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010