if you are estranged from your family, how do you deal with it?

I'm nt getting along very well right now with some of my family, just wondered if anyone else was in this situation and how they deal with it?

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We live as if they don't exist. My inlaws live 6 blocks away,and we never see them or hear from them. We've run into my MIL at Walmart,and she acts like she doesn't even know us! Nothing happened,she's just too selfish and too centered on her other two useless kids to give us the time of day.i guess thats what you get for being the good son! I really don't care. I don't like her as a person anyway. When my hubby was 16,his mom decided she was moving out of state,and just left town while he was at school! He came home to an empty house and a note that said his stuff was at his aunts,and he was to live there now! Crazy ass woman!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i have really good friends. but mainly hubby and i just keep to ourselves... we have lots of things to do together.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My mom has never really given a shit and never really been there she sends me her guilt money on my B-Day and on X-Mas, My dad is his own piece of work, and the rest of my family I just never really talk to. I guess I have some anger built up and I usually don't think about it most of the time. I have my own family to worry about and that is all that matters !!!
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 4:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'm not very close to my extended family anymore and I cling closer to my husband and children. REALLY they are ALL I need!
    Anonymous

• I talk to my husband about it and kind of 'unload' on him. My parents are 700 miles away and we've always had a rocky relationship. We talk occasionally for the kids sake, and I go up and visit for the kids, but not for me. I've tried patching things up, but it didn't work, so all I say now is that I tried. My in-laws are across the state, and I get into it with my mother in law all the time. I just don't talk to her anymore because she's totally crazy. My father in law is a sweetheart, but as always, he backs his wife. We're done with them. I just unload on my husband when it gets into my head. I've also gone to therapy for it, and when I kickbox, it's my mother in laws face i'm kicking the crap out of. Anger management, I call it!!!!
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i dont have anything to do with my mom's side, all of them are psycho druggies, and my life has been a lot less stressful since cuttin ties
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i guess you just have to deal with it..unless you want to be the bigger person and try to work thinks out. if so that can be a good thing. trying can always be a good thing ..good luck.
    chemise518

Answer by chemise518 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I cut ties with my family about 6 months ago because I got tired of being treated like I have the word "Welcome " tattooed on my back. Since doing this, DH, son and I are much less stressed, calmer, and happier. So glad I did this!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I cut ties with my family about 6 months ago because I got tired of being treated like I have the word "Welcome " tattooed on my back. Since doing this, DH, son and I are much less stressed, calmer, and happier. So glad I did

This ^^^ Except I cut ties almost 2 yrs ago. Whadda relief.....
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 7:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• There is no way to "deal" with it...it just "is."

They aren't in my life so they don't exist...end of story.

The people who are in my life are where I place my focus, love and attention. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2010