why are people more concerned about other people skin color?

when people should be more concerned about the drug dealers messing with our children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The only time I'm worried about people skin color is when I'm trying to sell some Mary Kay makeup products or Avon.
    Anonymous

• I personally think there are more things to worry about than drug dealers, but I understand your issue... Race isn't something we can choose, it's not like we have the option to be one color or another. So why do we care what race someone is? Just like we can't choose our sex or whether or not we are gay or any number of things... People will always find reasons to hate, the want to be superior is just to strong for some people and they aren't going to stop simply because others see it as wrong. So, what can we do about it should be the question. And we have to options, we can sit back and do nothing or we can do our best to counter the issue. Teach out children better and speak up when the issue arises elsewhere... To me, being against hate and keeping quite isn't any better than the hate itself!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Sometimes skin color is important, say when your trying to win a scholorship or become the first black president. Do you think the president thinks his skin color is not important? So if someone says something bad happened and a person of a different race did it, then they are racist. BUT if someone of a different race succeeds at anything we are to give them extra special treatment for being the first... (enter race here) to do what they did. If you don't want race to be an issue, erase it completely.
    Anonymous

• I'm not concerned with peoples color, are you?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• because racism and ignorance go hand in hand...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• slightly OT, but, about this -- Just like we can't choose our sex -- Yes, we can! Just ask Chaz Bono, or Kathlyn Beatty. There are lots more, but I don't know the names, these are just two celebrity children who have (or are going to) make the switch.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• And even within each race, there are variations in the tone and color of the skin of each person. Each person is an individual, and should be treated as such. To the OP, I am way more concerned about drug dealers around me and my children than I am about what color my neighbor is. In fact, we don't associate with a few relatives any longer because they are way too involved in drugs and alcohol, that I don't feel safe at all if they are around. And they have the same skin color that I do.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't know, I certainly had not noticed that. Maybe you should elaborate.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Do you realize that just by posting this question you come off as the racist? You are the one pre-occupied with skin color. I could care less. You have to be some color. That is how it works. Drug dealers, by being of this species, are a color. I bet, by process of deductive reasoning, you are a color too. See how this works?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Who is concerned about skin color? I mean, besides you OP?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2010