If your gong to spend the day during the week with the kids and have to be back home by 3 o'clock, what time would you try to get to the beach and would you just pack for it the night before to make it easier or what?And what would you pack for a picnic lunch to bring along? Your the only adult going so it can't be real heavy stuff,lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Early as possible. Pack the night before. Bring as little as possible...towels, sunscreen, hats, a couple beach toys. For food, I say PB&J (because meat and dairy will go bad), and a couple bags of chips. Bottled water to drink, that's about it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I live at the beach and I wouldn't attempt that alone but you didn't ask that. I would get there as early as possible to 1) get the spot you want 2) to be there before the heat of the day. You may get lucky and they might be ready to leave by the time they eat lunch. I'd pack some peanut butter sandwiches or meat sandwiches without mayo, maybe some pretzels bc they will lose salt while sweating. Fruit might be heavy to carry. Maybe those fruit rollups.
    Anonymous

• Pack the night before.
    PB&J, sunscreen, water, baby wipes (Awesome at getting sunscreen residue & sand off of fingers before eating). Leave the xtra towels & clothes in the car. Get out as early as you can... In all honesty, they probably will want to be out of there by lunch time if you go early. Mine always do- we live 30 min from the beach.
    Take a frisbee, ball, or diggers with you for little ones.

And GL- I hate going alone because my DD thinks she's big enough to go swimming alone, which she is NOT!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• When we're going out all day like that I pack a packet of peanut butter crackers and a banana for the boy. It's almost always enough for him but if he needs a little something extra I can always find somewhere to buy a cookie or chips or something.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2010