WTH would you do if a 7 yr old came up and hit your newborn??

Me and my sister took out kids to the play area today at the mall, and my dd and her son were running around playing, she was holding her newborn and he was sleeping this little girl looked to be about 7 or 8 and ran up yelled "HEY!" and hit my nephew in the back twice HARD quick and out of no where. My sister asked her where her mother was and the little girl said WHY? she said you do not hit little babies where is your mom i need to talk to her and right then the mom ran up to the little girl grabbed her and booked it out of the mall QUICK before either of us could say anything or even realize what the hell was going on.
My nephew is a little peanut and she hit him hard she could have hurt him the mom didnt even say sorry or ask if he was okay... or tell the little girl to apologize and while she was taking her away the girl was kicking her feet screaming, bit the mom and headbutted her.
cont..

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would be appalled if my child acted that way. My guess is that the kid has some real issues and this is just one of the many things she has done and the mom is just overwhelmed by it at this point. Is that an excuse to not apologize? No way! While it is awful that it happened to your little nephew, there isn't much to do about it, but keep an eye out for that girl.
    I do feel bad for that girl, she is either disabled in some way, or her mother does not know how to make her behave, and is raising a monster. Either way the girl is to be pitied.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• the whole time the girl was playing she was misbehaving, and there is always that one kid that just isnt being good well that was her.
    My opinion if your child acts the way this girl did you shouldn't be taking her around a bunch of kids. or grow some balls and apologize for your brat hitting a newborn baby...

AM I RIGHT?? WHAT WOULD YOU DO???!!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Sounds to me like the girl may get her manners from her mother.
    Anonymous

• I would have smacked the kid .. out of reaction.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 5:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• id make my kids apologize then remove them from the play area or where ever we were at but, i know my kids wouldnt do that, the only thing they be guilty of would be tryin to hug and kiss the baby
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Oh I don't know what I would've done in your situation!!!! But if I was the parent of the 7 yo I would have busted my child's butt right there in front of you so you could see he got disciplined! And I would apoligize a million times!! WOW THATS CRAZY!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• YES! Angel, i didnt see it i walked up right after it happened, but my reaction would have been a reflex to swing.... it would be my little baby id be protective... but it IS a little girl.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Honestly- I would have gone momma bear on her. Out of reaction. Would never strike a child, but she would have known instantly that her behavior was NOT OK!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• If the girl was disabled, which i do not think she was...the mother should have either NOT allowed her to be playing there if that is how she acts,(not her fault but its true) OR been by her side the WHOLE entire time watching her.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I agree! I would never let my children act like that.!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2010