Is there anything I can do to get my daughter's dad to see her more than once a week? he wants to keep her over night but she is completely uncomfortable with him B/c he doesn't see her enough. I dont know what to do. I dont want to stress her out just to make him happy! any advice??

Rae_9

Asked by Rae_9 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah-tell him if he wants he overnite he needs to spend at least 2-3 days with her, a few hours at a time for a couple weeks first. no way would i let her go until he did that mama...good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yeah I would make him spend more time with her during the week.
    maybe all three of you could do something... maybe if she say YOU being comfortable around him she would feel more comfortable.
    but it sounds like he NEEDS to see her more during the week so she becomes more comfortable with him.

good luck
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I've tried talking to him and it just leads to a fight. I'm at my wits end cause he wont do as I ask him and see her more often, he always has some excuse as to why he cant.......
    Rae_9

Answer by Rae_9 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Rae, does he work? Does he actually have time to see her more? If he has time over the weekend and would like to take her let him! He knows how to care for her and eventually she will get used to it. It may be hard at first but he is her father and she is part of him and he has rights! If you do not comply he can take you to court and personaly as both a child of divorce and a step mom I would be on HIS side!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'm not saying that I don't want her to stay over night with him, but she doesnt know him well enough to be with him for even a few hours without flipping out. I want him to see her more b4 I start letting her stay with him. she dont want to eat or sleep while with him.
    Rae_9

Answer by Rae_9 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Rae, she has to get used to him no matter what. I was like that but my dad lived at home until I was 3. When my mom would leave the house I would flip and I was with my dad all the time. It is not because she does not know him or is not used to him but it's that YOU are there and you are there all the time so it's weird. I would let her go and see how it goes. She is NOT going to starve and she will eventually sleep. If he wants her let him take her if you don't and he just keeps coming once a week it will hurt her. If she goes there say 2 weekends a month she will get used to him! Nothing bad can come from one weekend.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It's hard, I'm sure but delilahsmom1177 is right. He has that right and you don't want matters to end up in court. It could be worse!!! Agree to what he wants. If she flips out with him for a few hours she will do the same overnight. Do you think he will be getting any sleep? Noooooo! Then, hopefully, he will see that you were right and just maybe he will do things your way. You cannot force him into anything.....he has to make the suggestion, it seems. Lots of luck!!! Your daughter is hurting more by the friction that is being created between the both of you. Be careful how you approach this.
    melcy

Answer by melcy at 7:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2010