Do you remember when you were a kid your granparents feeding you "old people food" and you really liked it ?

Almost every night my great grandma would share with me a hard bread, a green onion and cured pork. I still ahve no idea to this day how she made that cured pork, but it was so good. I've asked other people, but they laugh at me and tell me thats what old people eat,lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had one Grandmother who would feed me reallly good food and anything I wanted, she lived close by. My other Grandmother lived really far away and when I would see her she would give me half portions of things and tell me to save the other half for tomorrow-such as a chocolate bar, soda, chips, I wish I could do that now. Miss my Grannies.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My Granny was always trying to give me liver and onions,and boiled dinner- corned beef,cabbage,onions,and potatoes! Blech!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Nope. I had almost no interaction with my grandmother and she lived downstairs from us most of the first 12 years of my life and lived with us from the time I was 15 until she died (I had moved out by then). I rarely talked to her and she was always mean to me and my brother.
    My other grandmother I only met twice because my mother hated her (don't blame her, the woman was emotionally and physically abusive to my mother).
    My grandfathers both died before I was born.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• the only "old people food" i remember is when my grandmother would cook and it would tast funny. pretty much everything. not sure why. i think maybe she kind of forgot how to cook as she got older and forgot a lot of other things. i love cured pork but i have no idea how to make it. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• When I was little, we had some elderly neighbors who would give me creamed chicken on toast. Yum. Haven't had it in many years, but that's what I would call "old people food?". Easy to chew.
    Anonymous

• No.. Both my Grandmother's made the best southern food.. I still dream about it... One passed away and the other has dementia and burns everything. :0(

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 6:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• yup--great grndmother's tea cookies. yes, they were cookies, but they had this spiciness to them. i can still taste them today! wish i had the recipe.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My Grammy never made "old people" food...she made food that created fond memories.
    My Grammy made everything from scratch and used the same "tried and true" recipes passed on down for generations.
    I loved everything she made because she always made it with love and I just can't get any food like that today.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2010