Grants & Free money ?

Basically im looking for grants ive tried google and everything i can think of but its so confusing i cant find anything im in need of extra money have no job trying to go back to school but need a car and i cannot afford one. Someone told me apply for grants but nothing comes up for me or im just looking towards the wrong place im in desperate need of money so if anyone knows of where to find grants , free money , or work at home jobs that are honestly not a scam please help ! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• nothing good in life is free....

if you are serious about going back to school and moving forward in life, you may have to apply for student loans-depending on your circumstances, you might get enough to help pay living expenses....I would first start with finding a school (try your local community college)...seriously look into what interests you and what you can find a job in and then apply...they will guide you on how to apply for financial aide and possible grants...loans will have to be paid back, but hopefully you'll find yourself in a better position after graduation...good luck
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• grants.gov
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i am in college. it is expensive..i know. i have a 4.0 and i still dont have grants and scholarships knocking me over but i do get a good amount of free money...i dont even use that fafsa crap cause that is mostly for financial aid loans and i refuse to use any loans. you will get grants if your financially low..your income needs to show that you need help or else youc ant go to school. im a military veteran and i dont even get grants thrown at me. look for scholarships through your school. example i just won a 500 dollar essay schol. through my school. 500 wont pay for one class lol but it helps. set up a seperate act only for school money and put all awarded $ into that and extra from your pocket whenever you can. apply for scholarhips left and right and laways maintain a high gpa. bear in mind if you dont do full time an dyou dou part school, some scholarships/grants only go for fulltime. im going to be doing some at CONT
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• CONTINUED. IM GOING TO BE doing some at home work to supplement the rest of my tution not covered. i have help from my gi bill so i dont have to cover all of my costs thank god, that wont be ready for a few months ago..long process to get it started with paperwork.

i have never had any grants ..not one. but i have had a 500 dollar scholarship, a 100 dollar schol. and a 6,000 scholarship. i pay for books out of pocket, those are expensive, keep themin good condition and you can resell them after each term. possibly find a company that will pay tuition provided you agree to work for them afterwards, some do that.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• oh yea work at home jobs..cause that is what we'll pay te remainder of my tution for me.
    their are a lot of bs jobs out their. i personally refuse to do avon type stuff...im not that friendly lol. 2 routes that are safe, one is selling a product online..have your own store on ebay, or etsy.com or amazon etc. if you can make something unique sell it...again UNIQUE if your selling something everyone else is selling. ehhh...gotta put your own spin on it. or, you can go for affiliate marketing. affiliate marketing is like runnig your own business. essentially you create a website or a blog of your own with a topic..then you sign up with affiliate companies or talk to invidual online stores and become their affiliate, you get a link to their site that has your affilaite ID in it, whenever someone clicks on that link with your id in it and purchases from them,you get 25-75 percent of the commission. some ppl make CONT
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• CONT. some ppl make a couple hundred a month with affiliate marketing..some make zero and wonder why (i could go into that, but its a lot of typing) some ppl make 6 figures (that takes a long time to work up to, have to have A LOT of traffic to your website/blog or wherever your links are. it takes some work, it takes dedication and it takes insight. dont just get an affiliate link for some bogus product cause it says it pays you 50 dollars every commission. have to rep for products you know are good and they are legitimate, or else no one will trust you and not visit your site etc. need to find a niche too. don tmake a general site with tons of random affiliate bits thinking ppl will visit...make a site on gardening , with gardening itps, photos etc and have a few GOOD links for gardening books/tools etc. that have your affiliate id.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• www.fastweb.com

Answer by rkoloms at 10:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2010