Applying for Medicaid in Kentucky

We currently have Medicaid in Ohio for our son and myself. I am 5 months pregnant. We are moving from Ohio to Kentucky July 1st. HOW in the world do I go about switching from Ohio to Kentucky for our medicaid? Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ask your local medicaid rep....
    Anonymous

• We don't HAVE a medicaid rep. Or I would have....
    Anonymous

• Try calling the medicaid office in Kentucky. Tell them that you currently qualify for medicaid in Ohio and would like to transfer it to Kentucky and see what the person on the phone tells you. I am sure they know the process. They might need additional documentation from you since (I am assuming) that you will be getting a new job. They will probably have a different set of questions and documents they need from you. I would call sooner rather than later since sometimes anything having to do with the government can take time.
    Anonymous

• There should be a phone number on your card.Call them . Ask them. May just need a change of address.
    Sunshine007775

Answer by Sunshine007775 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• First, call your current caseworker and find out if it's transferable. If not, then look up the closest CHFS office to where your moving to and find out what they need to apply. They also have applications on the website.

ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 6:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2010