Has anyone gone to an ultrasound alone? :(

Long story short...my husband has a problem with sleeping pills. It's pretty serious, and as of yesterday he's not staying with us. I can't have our 2yr old watching daddy stumble around. (There's been WAY worse things than that!) I don't want to get into it. I'm very hurt. Our gender ultrasound is in 3 days and I WAS really excited for it. When I dropped off his clothes (he's staying at his parents for now) I left a short note saying that if he wanted to be at the ultrasound he could find his own way there if it was still important to him. I'm really worried he won't even show up. What's supposed to be a very happy moment in our lives is not going to be so happy anymore...or is it? Maybe bittersweet? I guess I'm saying that I really hope he wouldn't miss it..but if he does, is it really that bad to go alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had to go to sonograms alone, many times because my husband was working.
    I'm sorry about your situation...but you may not even find out the gender cause not all babies like to show their stuff! lol
    I hope everything works out.....but don't let him not being there get YOU down.....if he misses it, then HE misses the joy HE could have have. Your there, so YOU should be just as happy to find out the gender of your little one!
    Anonymous

• yea all of them my son father was working
    lovingheart26

Answer by lovingheart26 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I went alone because of my husband's work schedule. it was all good. i just called him the minute I got home to tell him the sex.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• No I have not. With my first as because I thought I was having a miscarriage and hubby was with me in the ER. With my second was because my Dr said I had to have one. So both of us went. This time around I am happy I don't have to have one at all.

Anonymous

• dh couldnt be there this time, so my mom went.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I was pregnant by myself the first time he was mad because he didn't want me to be pregnant the second time I moved to Arizona because I was sure for me it was going to be the last time I would be pregnant and I was so right. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My son has no father in his life. But, I took my aunt instead. She was happy to come. My mom was working that day. I got to call and tell her later.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I've done it. DH had to stay home with the first two kids. It doesn't matter really. They videotaped it for me so I could show him later. It didn't matter that he wasn't there. I saw the little heart beating and that was all I could look at anyway. It's not so bad to go it alone. I did two deliveries on my own too. (Well ok not counting the hospital staff. No family no hubby just me and the doctors.)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• sorry mine wont really help... but my DH was with me for our 1st and we couldn't get a sitter for our 2nd child and our ultrasound office wont let children in so DH was in the waiting room with our oldest and I did cry! It was a special thing I wanted to share with my husband (and we weren't even finding our the sex necessarily (and our lets us video tape the ultrasound but it just wasn't the same) if we have another I will make whatever arrangements necessary to have a baby sitter (or I will reschedule until I can) so daddy can be there too!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2010