Do you find it hard to say 'no'?

I know saying 'no' is important to set boundaries and I do it consistently when necessary but still find it difficult. My DS is 10 months old... Do you find it hard to?

Mona02638

Asked by Mona02638 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most people find it hard to say no. You're completely normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I try to say different things besides saying 'no' to my 7 month old. If something could hurt her, I take her away while telling her that it will hurt her. If she's trying to grab my books off the book shelf, I let her know that those books aren't hers & give her one of her toys. I do feel bad taking things away from her often, but I guess it's just one of our jobs..
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I tell her NO and why I am saying no. I have never found it difficult to say no to my child because I know that she needs those boundaries.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Nope. If I say NO, it's for a reason. Why would I find if hard to do what's best? If they don't like it - tough!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010