Anyone know any solutions for heartburn I'm 10 weeks and its starting to get bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had horrible heartburn with both pregnancies. I stopped eat acidic food and tried to sit up for atleast 30 minutes after meals. Bananas help a little as well as popsicles, but the only thing I found that helped all the time was tums.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Try eating Activia yogurt.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Talk to your doctor, I was able to take zantac because mine was so bad and NOTHING helped!
    Anonymous

• TUMS
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Eat a slice of raw potatoe. Mix 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 Tablespoon of honey into a cup of warm water. Stir and drink. Try a cup of Peppermint tea. Peel and eat a raw carrot.Chew each bite 30 times. To prevent it in the first place take two or three Tumeric capsules,(avaliable at health food stores) before eating, but check the label for safety during pregnancy as I am not 100% certain on that. Swallow a teaspoon or two of uncooked oat flakes after chewing thoroughly. You can also try just chewing sugarless gum.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i drank milk..i would always say i had to put out the fire....just a small glass does the trick it doesnt taste too bad....and ti is good for the baby...
    Anonymous

• eat several small meals and eat them regularly. try going for a short walk after a meal, or at least keep standing or upright for a while. really limit the junk food.
    you could try papaya tablets from the health food store.
    i found tums worked when all else fails : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• zantac!!! it reduces the amount of acid in your stomach, tums doesn't and it's safe to take
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• agree with pp milk
    bree_gabys_mom

Answer by bree_gabys_mom at 8:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• tums and pepcid were my friends
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010