WHAT DID YOU PACK IN YOUR HOSPITAL BAG AND WHAT DID YOU FIND YOURSELF NOT USING THAT YOU HAD PACKED? THANKS LADIES :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I pretty much used everything I packed and then some. I had to send DH home for more stuff. I had an unexpected 4 day stay after ER C-Sec with #1. With #2 I was more prepared since she was 'planned'. If you are wondering what to pack I highly recommend a robe, 2 piece PJ's with a button top if nursing and your own underwear a size bigger than you normally wear, your tooth brush and tooth paste, your own shampoo and conditioner (My hospital didn't provide) and deodorant! lol. One thing I learned with number one is that you should at least have extras laid out at home for DH to find in case you need them. Mine had to call me 3 times to figure out which outfits I wanted for DS and where my deodorant was and which underwear I wanted...It's funny in retrospect.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• honestly the only thing i used was my toothbrush and the baby outfit. the hospital provided shampoo and soap and stuff and we had control of the thermostat so i didnt even need socks since i came in my slippers.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I didn't pack anything. The hospital had everything I needed.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• a robe!!!! I loved my robe! covered my bum and was much prettier which made me feel better. Also I brought a few outfits for our DD's and chose after I seen her! but ya toothbrush, hair brush and ties, clips or whatever... I loved taking my fuzzy socks too, they were comfy walking around in. and any snacks you and anyone with you wants.... well that covers most of what i used. ooooh! DON'T 4GET BABY BOOK!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I pretty much used all of their stuff. But I did prefer to have my own shampoo [I'm picky] and my own soap and toothbrush and toothpaste. I brough pads, but didn't use them b/c the one's they provided worked just fine for me. I wish I would have packed a robe because they just had the hospital gown and you know how well those cover things. LOL.
    For baby: I brough outfits, paci's [she didn't use them, she used the hospitals]. I would recommend bringing your own wipes .. the baby soft one's that don't have any scent, etc. They gave us this rough cloth to wet but she cried when I would wipe her butt with it.
    I brought my laptop too.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 6:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Oooo.... with #2 we actually packed baby oil to help get the meconium off. DH went through a whole pack of wipes with DS trying to get it off! I really wish I had video.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I brought my own soap and stuff like that and used it
    I packed my hair dryer didn't use it
    mp3 player didn't use
    clothes
    my own pads
    baby's clothes
    bree_gabys_mom

Answer by bree_gabys_mom at 8:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• The only thing I used was my pj's and toiletries. However I used their pads and saved mine for home. and I even used those things they call panties. No sense ruining mine...lol
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• the nurses thought i was moving in it was funny! i had 3 days of clothes for me and my hubby and 3 out fits for baby since i wasnt sure how big she was going to be. toiletries for us. camera!!! our fan we cant sleep without a fan! we had our pillows and some food for dad! We ended up staying for 2 weeks since they thought my daughter had an infection that they never found! so we used everything in the bag and then still went home for more! im sure if i had a normal birth i wouldnt of used everything! i just wanted everything just in case!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010