yet another question from me lol...little ones "privates"(tmi)?

my 14 month old about a week ago had a small mark on his pubic area, looked like a small pimple and I assumed it was from the humid air plus wet diaper....well suddenly today after appearing to go away it is now blood red. its small not painful to him, as I said looks like a little pimple. I am calling his doc tommorw if its not better or gone, but anyone have any thoughts?

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 6:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could possibly be just a pimple, but it could be more. I would say go with your gut instinct - you're the mom & never second guess yourself. I would make the appointment for the "pimple". I have made appointments for bumps on the side of the face (near the child's eyes), my son's knees turned in (kinda bow-legged), and for a red mark on the outside of his ear (turned out to be an insect bite, but it had swollen his ear shut). I don't regret making ANY of these appointments - my son is my angel and I would do it all over again, just the same.
    mcpavelka

Answer by mcpavelka at 6:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• my son had what looked like a pimple on the underside of his private. it was a small raised bump with a whitehead. he was a new born when it was there and it was there for a few months and it kept getting biger, oneday after a bath i kinda squeezed it not causeing any pain and the white stuff came out. i guess it was just a pimple lol
    Anonymous

• You're making a doctors appointment for a pimple? After just 1 week?

Anonymous

• anon had I said I wasnt making an appt you would have slammed me on that too....women like you make me sooo glad they are taking away the anon feature. good luck with that.
    ty to the mom who answered sincerely, I was afraid it was a spider bite as we have alot of recluse spiders here and recently my niece was bitten. :) ty.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• good thing you went to the dr if it was a spider bite... i was going to say it could possibly be a staph infection too (which often look like spider bites or start off looking like pimples)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 7:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• elizabiza ty so much I am going to look up staph right now. I saw a pic recently that looked a lil like this. ty ty all you ladies :).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010