Potty trained and having accident's

My DD is 3 and she's potty trained but at night she wears a pull ups still. Lately she has been having a lot of accident's at home and at preschool. I'm a little concerned. Seems like when she is doing something and doesn't want to leave the activity she will have an accident. Any tips would be great.. Thanks Ladies!

Mom2princessq

Asked by Mom2princessq at 6:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sometimes kids revert back when changes happen in their lives (moving, a new baby, etc...) and they grow out of it once they get re-adjusted. In some extreme cases I have seen kids use the bathroom as a power-play (to get attention, to get something they want, to make you late on purpose- i'm not making this up)... in those cases I'd say some negative reinforcement is warranted (if you potty in your pants today you don't get to go to the park tomorrow).
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 7:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My pediatrician told me that after about 6 mos they kind of revert back because the novelty has worn off. You will have to revert back to what you did to get her trained in the first place. I wish you luck because I know that I will have to go through this in a few months.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You may want to get a culture done for a UTI.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Thank you Ladies!!! This really helps alot. HappytexasCM, I was thinking that too I made a appointment for her tomorrow. Thanks again!!!

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2010