Is this wrong?

I have no problem dating black guys. I have in the past. But if my dad ever found out he would probably disown me. But still if I want to be with someone I will. But I never respond to black guys online. I figure it's not worth the drama. But if I met a nice guy in real life it would be different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I would not respond to any man online. just me. and my dad was the same way. he didnt have a problem with other races, just did not believe in interracial couples... at all!
    Anonymous

• I dated a black guy in college and it was a disaster! He wiped out my bank account, was abusive and stole anything of value that I owned. I know that it was just the guy, not the color. But, it really did change my views on dating black men. I haven't dated a black man since and I don't feel guilty about that. I know that I am not prejudiced...I don't have to prove it to anyone by dating someone who is black if that isn't my cup of tea.
    Anonymous

• As someone who was raised in a strict date your own race type family.. I must say any parent who would disown their child over the simple fact of who they choose to date isn't really a parent IMO.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 6:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Anon:44 Your entire post is contradicting.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 6:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My mom feels the same way, although its not so much from being racist as growing up during a time where blacks were really looked down upon. She doesn't want me to deal with the drama and people looking down on us as a couple. Yet she has no problem with me dating outside my race as long as its hispanic because that's considered pretty common where we live.

I don't think its wrong because of that. I'd rather keep my family and mother than risk losing them for a relationship that might not work out.
    Anonymous

• Do you respond to other guys online? If so, then yes I would say it may be an issue.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• OP- yes I am part of an online dating site.
    Anonymous

• I to come from a racist family. I say if you find someone you truly connect with it should not matter what color skin they are.Our generation as to stop all this nonsense. If your family loves you they will get over it.
    chuggysmommy08

Answer by chuggysmommy08 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I am not sure how i feel about this! I prefer to stay in my own race, and would prefer that my children do (sexually and relationship wise that is) but i am not racist!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2010