When is it too late in a pregnancy to switch doctors?

I'm not completely sure if my OB/GYN practice is right for me. How long do I have to decide?

ZoeJay

Asked by ZoeJay at 6:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can decide any time. You hired him/her. You can fire him/her and find another one any time you want.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It's never really too late. I would say by the time you are in stirrups delivering it might be too late then. ask questions and if you don't like the answers look elsewhere. You really do need to TRUST the person to do what is best for you and your baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You can change doctors on your way to the hospital if you are unhappy. As the PP you hired them you can fire them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It is never to late.
    Anonymous

• it's never too late until you are in the hospital delivering.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I switched doctors offices when I was 35 weeks with my son and at that point I knew I was having a 37 week induction so it was pretty much last moment
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I had a practice that wouldn't take me back b/c I went to another doctor for my first visit b/c the practice I wanted wouldn't take my ins. I was a patient prior to being pregnant. Just make sure that the new doctor will take you before you decide not to go back to the one you don't really care for.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• As long as you are pregnant it's not too late.
    ;-)

Will you interview the new provider(s) to be sure it's the right practice for you?
    I think it's a good idea-- at least it can help!
    Let me know if I can help with my list of questions to ask...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• anytime. i changed to a midwife practice at 30 wks.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You can change whenever you want. As you get farther along in you pregnancy you will be seeing your Dr. more often. You need to be with someone you feel comfortable with and someone you like.
    momtokrjp

Answer by momtokrjp at 8:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2010