How can i help my 7 week old constipated son go?

its the formula that he is on from his Dr. to reduce his spitting up. So we cant switch.. what can i do naturaly to help him go. Its breaking my heart. help me please!!!

BreneaLuvzCash

Asked by BreneaLuvzCash at 7:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to go back to the doctor... a 7 week old should not be constipated. There are medications they can give for spitting up, so that you can find a better formula- particularly if it is a reflux issue.

Spitting up is better than constipation!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• You can try acupressure. Massage the area under the lower lip, in the middle of the chin for three to five minutes. It's supposed to cause a BM within 15 minutes. Give baby some plain water first thing in the morning. Then follow with his formula. Everything else I know is iffy for such a young age. Ask your pedi. about a 50/50 pear juice and water mix.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Change formula. Try a chiro for the spitting up before you go the perscription route.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• What are his symptoms? What are his stools like?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Here's a tip if you switch formula, put a teaspoon of carob powder (avaliable at health food stores) in baby's milk. In some cases it really helps them keep their food down. You can always ask the pediatrician before you try it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• my son was 2 weeks and constipated. his pedi just told me to put on ounce of prune juice in his bottle once a day until it gets better. some moms wouldnt, but i think its the most natural way. i'd rather use prune juice or pear juice than a suppository...something completely foreign. anyways, he was all better about 3 days later. he went from being stuffed up to a bm once a day and now its like 2 maybe 3 times a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2010