• In the Spotlight:

would it be silly to invite her whole class to a birthday party...

My child starts kindergarden in august her birthday is exactly one week later so we would have her party two weeks into school she only has 2 friends to invite to her party right now and 4 cousins so she dont have many people to invite we were going to do it a chuck e cheese if your child got invited to a party two weeks into the school year would you take them?? should i invite everyone in her class?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My dd will turn 4 a month into pre-scchool and we are inviting her class
    bree_gabys_mom

Answer by bree_gabys_mom at 7:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I always did
    Great way to get to know kids and other parents
    You could move the party ahead a week or two to give ore time
    Have fun!
    giftmom

Answer by giftmom at 7:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I did that for one of my childrens birthdays. I decided to have a magician too. Guess what? The classmates brothers and sisters kind of wanted to attend as well. It was quite awkward. Anyway, the party was a lot bigger than anticipated.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• lol a kid in my sons class invited the whole class and we were the only ones to show up lol
    Anonymous

• at my daughters school if you want to hand out invitations you have to invite the whole class
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 8:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• No, I don't think it wou d be silly at all. We were going to invite my sons whole class for his birthday but he decided he only wanted to invite the boys,lol. But with it being so fresh into the school year, don't be suprised if not many show up because they don't really know eachother by that point..but then again it being Kidnergarten AND the beginning of the school year, parents may be more eager for thier children to make friends...so they could all show up,lol. Be prepared!! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• How about instead of inviting them all to a party.. just have a small classroom party at school for her? bring in some cupcakes and goody bags for all the students in her class. That way even though she doesn't have alot of friends at her personal birthday party she gets to have 2 parties and what kid wouldn't love 2 parties?
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 9:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• do you know what your school policy is? our school does not allow party invitations at all! i did email invitations. i stole the email addresses from the weekly newsletter from the teacher. i only invited the boys.
    anyhow, i think it is really nice to invite the whole class!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I did the same as CafeMocha for my now 13 year old.We have had magicians twice -show for k-2 then a few years later older show, ,jugglers all sorts.It works great lots of kids and parents come.Get to know each other,fun way to start the school year.He is # 3 so for the at home parties I invite siblings.We always attend parties because a girl in my daughters 2nd grade class had only 3 show up.It was heartbreaking.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 9:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2010