Really considering being a white collar homeless

When I speak of being homeless, it means being homeless to locate closer to a job until I can afford rent. I have been looking for jobs for the last seven months, and cannot find one, even in food service in these parts. I'm considering getting a job that is located in another town where I plan on finishing my degree. (FAFSA is exhausted.) Has anyone been temporarily homeless (living inside their car & not on the street)? I am wanting to resort to desperate measures. (I had been just turned down for another job just today.) It's just a month and a half before school starts and I want to get a job before other students arrive. What is your suggestion?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• do you have kids? where would they be? where wuld you shower? eat? theres so much to think about.Im sorry your going thru this...
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• What about staying at a women and children's shelter--at least so you have a roof over your head, access to a shower, and a place to sleep? Many of the shelters will help you find permanent housing, help you find employment, and help you obtain food stamps/welfare until you get back on your feet.

There are a number of options available to you before you decide to "throw in the towel!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• is there any campsites near? i use to live in a tent at a park for 3 months, they got showers and everything. cheap too. just sucked when it would rai cuz we were down hill at one of the sites
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• OP here,

Daughter - my daughter is now living with others. :*-(

Shower - once a week and tie back my hair to hide the oily - change of clothes in a public bathroom (or in my car)

Eat - bread & peanut butter

I know that I'm not along - White Collar Homeless
    Anonymous

• You could look into shelters. A lot of them, especially when you have kids, can get you in the same day you inquire/apply.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Have you thought about living in abanded property? some are in really good condition, not having electricty wont kill a healthy person.

the property could even become yours in 3 years depending on your stare. http://www.legal-database.com/squatters-right.htm

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• If youre desperate, join the army! You would have everything you could possibly need for you and your child! Just a thought!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2010