leaving husband... I have 2 kids and a dog ... need advice..

i have about 400.00 and live in fayetteville, nc.. we have a house.. i dont really have any friends i can stay with .. what are my options.. what should I do.. should i go to a lawyer and get separation papers drawn up. can i ask him to leave the house.. i have no idea what i should do, i just know i need to leave and be on my own at least for a while .. i am at the end of my rope. yes we have been to counseling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, you can ask him to leave. But you can't FORCE him to leave.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I say lay low for awhile trying to avoid problems with him and start saving up money to move out.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 8:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Is he having an affair? Does he have an addiction? Is he abussive?

If you answered no to all 3 then you need to work things out.

If you answered yes to any of those, get a lawyer.
    Anonymous

• I would stay in the house and start going to talk to a lawyer, then once you go to court they will decide who gets the house and what... its not fair to the kids to move them and cause them anymore pain than will happen!
    Anonymous

• If you have the kids then he should leave. ask him to leave since you have no place to go... does he have a place to go? if so explain to him that you both need some time apart.
    mybabyjr

Answer by mybabyjr at 8:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Anon:19 if she isn't happy why should she have to stick around and work things out just because he isn't doing any of those 3 things you mentioned?
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 8:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Make sure you get everything in writing whatever you do. Having proof will help you out. You can ask him to leave and maybe get a court order, cause the judge will gladly give you the rights to the house since you have the kids.

Good luck to you and hope everything goes smoothly...

Mine isn't going so great right now. But it will get better.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Go to Legal Aid and see what they suggest

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• "Anon:19 if she isn't happy why should she have to stick around and work things out just because he isn't doing any of those 3 things you mentioned? "

BECAUSE THEY HAVE KIDS! You don't leave the father of your kids just because you need time on your own. That is not an adequate reason to tear apart her childrens' family.
    Anonymous

• It is wrong to stay with a man that you aren't happy with just for your kids. If you are not happy and things are not going to change it wouldn't be good to have the kids around that. Especially if, they argue *if they do* and fight around the kids... that's not really something children should be around either. Yes, you might hurt the kids if you leave the dad, but you have to figure out what will be best for everyone. If you aren't happy then why stay!? I didn't stay with my ex and he was abusive, physically and mentally. I couldn't have my kids around someone who did that, they would get the wrong ideas.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2010