What Kind Of Cereal Is best

what kind of baby food is best
barley, oatmeal, rice, or mixed grain?????

Ashley_N_Steve

Asked by Ashley_N_Steve at 8:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for the first time use rice.....make it runny if baby spits it out try it a lil thicker....i always added a scoop of formula and some apple juice or you can add apple sauce or bannas or mashed avacado...if you bf add some of that milk....
    Anonymous

• rice
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yuck. IMO, none.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I skipped rice cereal and went straight to oatmeal for all of my kids. Oatmeal is a healthy food with benefits I want my kids to have. I buy the baby cereal that is fortified with iron, but I have also made my own baby oatmeal by grinding up dry oats (the slow cooking kind) in the food processor to get my own oat flakes. Both of my older girls still love thier morning oatmeal and I have just started my 4 month old on it as well.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• None of it. It's constipating and nutritionally void.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Oatmeal has fiber, protein, and complex carbohydrates- it is not nutritionally void.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• None. no baby ffod, and babies under a year don't digest grains because their gut is not mature enough. It goes out pretty much the same as it went in. Useless. Stick to table food. No fuss and practically free. If you wait until 6 months or later you will haver fewr problems and you won't have to puree things into oblivion. Wait until the bsby has developed the ability to move food wih the tongue and makes chewing motions and can pick up food to mouh. This signals digestive maturation, though all nutrition still comes from breastmilk or formula, as solid digestion is not yet efficient.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Gross, cereal? None sorry, there is no nutritional value in it... My son wont be eating food until he is 1
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 3:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2010