Are your kids always hungry?

Mine are 1 teen and 2 tweens. Is it normal for kids to get snacks from their friends all the time? I feed them breakfast sometimes a snack and lunch and then dinner or sometimes no snack but three meals. I see them with bags of chips and whole containers of ice-cream like for a whole family and they say "oh...my friend gave it to me", so sometimes I feel like there being little beggers in our neighborhood I don't understand why they ask for food but it sure is a coincidence that their friends always provide them with snack type foods????? I also have one child that lies like he breaths air and two others that go along with it sometimes....so what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol yes ming are
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My daughter is to young for that right now.... but my sister does both and at the moment im bck at home n have to listen to it all the time. My mom thinks she has an eating disorder where she is always hungry but from the sounds of it if its just snacks thats normal for teens n preteens. They are growing so much so fast and most r very active n burn off what they have eatin making them hungry. Since ive had my daughter that finally stopped but before i was the same way... i didnt like to eat much at a time but i ate sooo much throughout the day
    shootingstar22

Answer by shootingstar22 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My children....8 and 9 get 3 meals and 2 snacks every day. For today example

Breakfast: bowl of cereal, milk, and toast
    morning snack: banana
    Lunch: BK (It's my son's b-day today and we went to BK with some friends he ate a hamburger and juice).
    Afternoon snack: peanuts and raisins
    Dinner: hamburgers (with lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, mustard, ketchup) watermelon, and birthday cake.

The fast food is NOT an everyday thing so I don't want the anti-fast food CMers jumping down my throat on how I'm killing my son, making him obese, etc. Anyway they get 3 meals and 2 snacks every day.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Oh and I expect that as they get older it will still be 3 meals and 2 snacks.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010