Is there any FRIGGEN store I can go to look at this carseat before I spend 300 dollars ordering it online???

I think every friggen store site out there sells the Radian XTSL but I've called Babies-R-Us, Target and Wal-Mart to be told that they do not carry this carseat in store.

I would REALLY like to look at this carseat and try my son out in it before I spend 300 dollars on.

I've read NOTHING BUT GOOD things about this carseat and I like all the benefits of this carseat but I would like to actually TOUCH one before buying it. You know?

I live in North Texas. Does ANYONE know where I can go look at this carseat?

Also if you've owned one of these...do you have any complaints?

Anything I should know about this seat before purchasing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• why spent sooooo much on a car seat???? what does the weight limit got up to birth to what?????? my infant car seat i paid 70bucks for and my toddler/child i paid 40 bucks for 300 seems a lil much.....
    Anonymous

• It goes to 45 pounds rear facing which is a BIG benefit IMO.

It's crash tested by the NCAP and has the strongest steal on the market. It has great safety rating both here and in Europe.

We already own a Britax which was about more than 300 so I personally don't see the big deal. I mean it's for their safety.
    Anonymous

• I would contact the company here, and ask them where they sell to locally so you can check it out in person. The info request is on the left side.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Im having that same dilemma. Thats the seat that I want (not at that price though) but I want to see it in person first. I have yet to find anywhere remotely near me that carries it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I agree with contacting the company. Personally I have seen these carseats and were not too impressed with the quality wise just didn't seem to really uphold the qualities that i'd expect from such an expensive seat.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 8:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• IF Wal-Mart carries it via their online store - you can have it shipped to the store free.
    And Target will ship it free if you spend over $50.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• twinsplus2more...The getting it shipped isn't the issue. I want to actually SEE it first. Thanks anyways though. :)

I will contact that company. Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

• Sorry but as a mom of 5 kids I can honestly say there is NO carseat on earth worth that kind of money. You would do better buying a reasonably priced carseat and spending what you save elsewhere.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• salexander - some people believe their child's safety IS worth that much money. I paid HALF that for an INFANT seat because of it's safety ratings, and it can actually accommodate our child RFing to 32lbs. Reinforced Steel Alloy Frame? I bet those $40 car seats at Wal-Mart don't have that! And i'm sure the OP wouldn't be purchasing it if she didn't have the money. This is the BEST seat on the market (as far as i'm concerned) and the company is the ONLY company to actually publish their crash test information. So yeah, it's WELL worth it.

OP- i'm glad you found a way to find out where you can actually see it!
    Anonymous