Suggestions please......

I am currently a sahm and I am thinking that while I am home so much I can at least pursue my degree in Sonography.

Here is my problem....I have twins under 2, we have one vehicle, DH works odd hours, we had to file bankruptcy so student loans are out of the question.

I am looking at grants and scholarships to pay for school. I would like to do as much online as possible and do night classes since I have family that is more than willing to watch my boys one or two nights a week.

DH says its not a realistic plan right now because of only having one vehicle. We are not in a place to even purchase an inexpensive used vehicle at the moment because we are trying to finish up renovating our house. Going to school would mean I would have to take him to work on days he closes and pick him up as late as midnight.

Can any of you give me some other options? I feel like I am stuck in a rut about finding a solution to my problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• could you do online courses until your situation turns around?
    you may want to start with just one course the first semester to see how it works with your toddlers and home.
    are there any buses where you are?
    could your family that would watch the kiddos also transport you back and forth to school?
    good luck!
    i find with my husband, if the situation doesn't require any inconvenience to him, then he will support it!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Uhm... You can do ONLINE classes. Apply for financial aide first. THen you can be at home with your kids, and won't need a car. You will just need a computer and the internet.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 10:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• www.fastweb.com

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• First of all, don't feel that you are wasting your time at home. You have twins under two. that is a big job. I understand you need something to challenge your mind and you would like to improve the family's bottom line. But it really is unrealistic! Maybe you could buy some used books from somebody who has already taken the classes you want to take. (I can't imagine doing something as hands on as sonography over the internet.) and learn all you can so once those twins are big enough for you to go to classes the studying will be review for you and you can maybe load up on classes and finish early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2010