Do you think it's REALLY necessary to pay 300-400 or more on a carseat?

Do you think people are just paying for the brand or do you think that the more expensive brands are worth it for safety and quality reasons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hell no! I have 2 boys, we have been through 7 car seats so far and haven't paid for any of them... Certainly I wouldn't pay that much! Maybe $50 but no more... The one I have been wanting is actually going to cost us money, but it's still only $35 and hell, I thought that was to much!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• no. it's not necessary. ours was about 100 and was basicaly the same as the more expensive ones, just not as pretty.
    Anonymous

• all car seats have to be safe heck some that are 400 may not be safe i believe its the brand you are paying for not the safety i would never pay that much...400 bucks i could buy a car seat a stroller 4 boxes of new born diapers and 3 boxes of size one diapers people get real in this economy dont waste money even if you got it
    Anonymous

• The brand. All seats have to pass certain tests to be sold. They will all work just fine. Some people thing though that the more they pay the safer their kid wil be when in reality all seats are basically the same. Some just have a big name and big price. They all keep the kid safe.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would only pay that much for a car seat if it was proven to be so much better than all the other seats out there. There are plenty of great seats at a much better value.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i do not think it is necessary. and i don't think $700 and $800 strollers are worth it either! i think some people just have extra money.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Necessary?? No. And I would never do it even if I could afford it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Britax is one of the best and it's under $200
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yes, I paid $320. My babies safety is my first priority.
    Anonymous

• I think it's worth it.

Many of the more expensive brands like Britax, Radian, etc. have GREAT safety ratings, are made from better products, and are more comfortable.

The way I see it...They are going to be in this carseat for about 3 years (the average life of a carseat before it expires) so that's only between 100 and 125 year.

We own a Britax and we are looking at purchasing a Radian. The Britax was about 350 with taxes. The Radian is 299 but I found a place doing 20% off and free shipping so I'm going to only be paying about 240 dollars on it! I SUPER excited that it's only going to cost that much. LOL.

You get what you pay for. I could go spend 40 bucks on a cheap seat from Wal-Mart but it'll be just that...CHEAP. Cheap plastic, cheap medal, very little padding, etc.

OR I could spend 300 one time and have good plastic, the best steal on the market and great padding.
    Anonymous