Do stores/supermarkets really need to open 7 days a week?

Business have been reporting that they are going to have to close at least 1 a week to be able to pay employees. Employees don't like that they will have to work less hours therefore less pay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, if they don't like it, then they can protest, and they'll lose their jobs completely. UGH. People are so stupid. I would rather take a day or two off, or a paycut instead of losing my job completely.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 10:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't know that they have to be, but it is a lot more convenient that way. It seems that I am at wal*mart almost everyday so if they were to close 1 day a week that would probably be a day we were without something..
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It's alot more convenient .. not everyone has a short 4-5 day work week. Some people work 6 days a week from early in the morning to late at night.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 9:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• we go to wal-mart or sunmart almost daily, it would suck if they were closed for one day. but i doubt that would happen here, everytime i go in the stores they are always busy
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think given that people can work shifts 24/7, that certain stores should be open to accommodate those worker's needs--especially pharmacies and/or supermarkets. Think of all the medical/hospital staff, assembly line/production workers, road crews, manufacturing employees, and even nightclub workers, etc., that don;t work the traditional "9 to 5" day. Often when we're out and about they're sleeping! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I hate when WalMart closes for one day a year! lol... Or when Foodland closes for holidays... So one day a week closed would kill me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Yes!! I need my snacks at 2am on Sunday nite..
    Anonymous

• Our WalMart saw their business increase when our Kroger quit staying open 24/7. All the people who work 2 jobs or an off shift and used to go there either go to WalMart or to the next nearest grocery store all the way across town.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• We would probably get use to it after a while, but the adjustment would be difficult. I am not great at planning ahead but if forced to, I am sure I could do it.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Go to Walmart daily??? Really?? Why??

I just took my son to Walmart last week and it was the first time I had been there in probably a year.
    Anonymous