To any mom on here that has gone thru "the change"......

How old were you?

How did you know that was what was happening?

What were/are your symptoms?

Share anything else you can?

I am wondering if I am starting to go thru the change, but I am young (I think) and I was wondering how I would know if I were. So TIA. I am only anonymous because this is very personal and I don't want my friends to know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Health

• How old were you?  About 45 when I came out of denial.

How did you know that was what was happening?  I had a partial hysterectomy 4 days after my 38th birthday.  I still have my ovaries so since I no longer had a period, my symptoms kind of crept up on me.  It was the hot flushes that did it but it was about 2 years before I realised that was what it was because I only got them in the summer so I thought it was the weather.  But when I started waking up every night (including the winter) absolutely soaked in sweat, I knew the "change" was upon me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• What were/are your symptoms?  The main ones that cause me problems are the night sweats and the memory problems.

Share anything else you can?  The main thing that helps me is my attitude.  I can't change it, so I don't dwell on it.  I don't feel like I'm getting old because I'm likely to have just as many years left after menopause as I have had menstruating, so a new stage of life is coming up and I'm going to enjoy it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I don't know, but I am wondering it myself! Here's a bump!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 1:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010