would you be upset?

my 8m old son is being cared for (paid of course) by my husband's cousin by marriage/ divorce. she has two children of her own and lives with her sister who has a husband and two children. the oldest of these four is 14, 9, 7, and 6. the sitter keeps on allowing her girls (9 and 6) to carry/ hold/ play with my son without adult supervision. i only know this because when i come to pick him up i've witnessed it. i've asked her to stop because we all went camping and her youngest dropped him out in the woods. he's fine but it rattled me more than anything. she had no adult nearby. no one saw it happen. now, a couple weeks later, i came to pick him up today and found her oldest with a friend pushing my son in the stroller back to the house. no adult within sight. the 9 year old picked him up out of the stroller and gave him to her mom. i have no idea if he was buckled or not, but they live a block away from a major road.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are not happy with the way the "sitter" is caring for your child then get a new sitter!!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I agree with pp. get a new sitter
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• you need a new sitter.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• The more kids you have, the more relaxed you become with things like that. So its probably just not a big deal or concern to her that the older kids help to take care of the baby, especially if they are girls. Girls love taking care of babies. But if its bothers you, then you have every right to feel the way you do. Either talk to her and express how you feel about it and hope that it changes or get a new sitter.
    Anonymous

• i'd be so pissed. I would not let my kid go to that house anymore! Quit your job if you need to. I'd rather be broke than with a hurt or dead child.
    Anonymous