How can I get rid of pacifer in a 2 year old?

kylemama16

Asked by kylemama16 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take it away...worked for me.
    Anonymous

• Throw them all away. Cold turkey, thats the only way.
    Anonymous

• take them away, thats what i did with my dd. i just took it and she cried for a little bit the first night, only for a few minutes and hasnt asked for one since. we didnt throw them all away, she sees them and says momma im a big girl i dont need this and throws it away or she uses them for her dollies.
    Anonymous

• lol, when you know will you let me know? I've been working on my DD. We got rid of her favorite pacifiers, so we are down to two. I just threw another on out today (we had three). Well, I won't give her one until nap or bed time, and then it's only if she acts up for one. SOOO far, we have limited it to about 30 mins a day (from all day every day).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• "take them away, thats what i did with my dd. i just took it and she cried for a little bit the first night, only for a few minutes and hasnt asked for one since."

if you have a DD like mine, trust me this doesn't work. I did this to DD, and she cried for a week straight for it, it was awful, for her and me. Finally we just went to the store and got some more.. Take it in steps if your DD is like mine.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

Anonymous

• Call the doctor at once. Those are not meant for internal use!
    Anonymous

sorry i meant to quote and reply and hit the wrong button lol. anyways, i guess i got lucky then. i tried the slowly take it away method and it didnt work... she just kept it for nap time and bed time. :( but goodluck.
    Anonymous

• take it away. i took my son's away and he cried for it, but he got over it and yours will too. if you keep giving in, next thing you know, the kid will be 6 and still sucking on this thing.
    Anonymous

• I tried taking it away and that didnt work. then i did u only get it when u go nite nite. He hides them and takes them out during the day, I even tp;d him that we need to give them to the baby (i have a baby nephew) and that didnt work. i want the [pacifers gone now
    kylemama16

Answer by kylemama16 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2010