How do I handle this?? Advice only please, thanks

I have a friend that isn't really allowed to have any friends. Her husband and herself decided that they both can't actually, anytime we have hung out it must be with the kids and never alone as adults.they have huge insecurites and trust issues with each other plus he is controlling but not in an abusive way but it's very weird. Anyway that's none of my business except it makes it hard for us to be friends. I really like friends that are there for me just as I am for then. And no I'm not saying I need alot of attention I'm just saying I like to have a normal friendship. She over analizes everything and it's really annoying and super opinionated. She will also ignore me for a couple wks at a time and then call me and tell me about this emotional roller coaster that usually is from her overanalyzing situations too much in life or her controlling husband. Honestly I'm tired of this weird friendship but don't know what yo do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Continued

I'm a good friend so I don't really know what to do. Plus my bday was last wk and she gave me a gift after arrri ing 4 hrs late and staying for 15 min. I don't want to keep it, it doesn't feel right. What to do??
    Anonymous

• i had a friend like that. it was so hard. but their divorce will be final in a few days thank god. all you can really do is be supportive, and when she asks for your opinion, be honest.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• This is what I would do.. I would tell her that I can't be friends with her anymore because I need the same support or equal to it that i give out. I had to let go of a few friends because of that issue. But it worked out for me because I didn't have the drama and problems that I did have when they were friends. If you feel that you are tired of it and nothing will change then I would let her go. But the decision is all up to you. I hope it all goes well.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I was in a marrage like that before. Ex didnt want me to have friends, didnt want me to go to the store with make up, he" didnt want me to were this or that. Anyway my point i dont no what i would of done with out my friends or family for support. A good friend would stick out with her be there for her when she needs you.
    jenifer34

Answer by jenifer34 at 8:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Stop taking her phone calls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2010