Hair loss after pregnancy?

Did anyone have a lot of hair loss after their pregnancy? I almost lost it last night when I discovered that my hair line is receeding around my temple. I haven't combed my hair all the way back in a while, and at first I thought that I blow dried my hair too long the other day - but more and more hair is ending up on the floor in long strands in the last couple of weeks - so I am thinking that this may be hormones. Any home remedies?

dominga11

Asked by dominga11 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Health

• that happened to me. but i didnt really lose much at all when i was pregnant, so it kind of made up for it. keep taking prenatals, that seemed to help some for me.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It's hormonal. You are supposed to lose a lot of hair post partum. The pregnancy hormones stop your hair's regular growth/shed cycle. So, after the baby when your hormones regulate themselves, you shed all of the hair that you should have shed while pregnant. So, that's 9 months of hair loss that will hit all of a sudden plus the normal hair loss you should be doing any way. It ccan look alarming, but is harmless and will stop sometime during the 1st year post partum.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i lost hand fulls of hair a day!! i started taking my prenatals again and my hair is great now!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i just read what thriving mom wrote on what to expect!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2010