How often do you play with your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Every day. I spend approximately 20 minutes first thing in the morning on the computer, then spend time with the kids, then chores, then lunch, then about 10 more minutes on the computer and then the rest of the day with the kids until they are in bed.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 9:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• ALL DAY LONG. We play...push the laundry into the dryer, peek a boo behind the clothes/towels that are being folded, pick up the toys we just threw out of the toy box (for the 5th time today), ride in the wagon with popsicles while mommy pulls weeds and picks up trash in the yard (from the nieghbors), dig in the dirt while mommy plants flowers...lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Now that DD is older, not as much, but mostly because DD and DS get along really really well and they take off and play their own games. I've been uninvited to their games quite a bit lately, though we usually get a good solid 2 hrs of doing things together. Rest of the day is doing stuff outside, or them playing on their own. I like it though...I'm getting more time to myself.
    Anonymous

• here and there, my daughter does a lot of self play/entertaining, but we do at least 1 thing outside per day together
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 10:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Not much. I am playing referee all day. When I try to do something with them they start fighting. I try to keep my girls separated all day...not much fun. When DH is home after work and before I go to work on the weekends, I will try to have one on one game time. So maybe an hour a week of me actually playing with them. During the day I am paying attention to them for all but maybe 20 minutes. Girls ages 6 & 7.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• with the exception of when I am breastfeeding and 2 hours of tv- I am playing with my kids for about 10 hours a day (from the minute I get up to the time they go to sleep).
    Anonymous

• DS plays really well on his own, so most of the day he does that. Then he'll come in and ask me to play with him, so I do. And we play together until he gets bored of me or it's meal/nap time. DD is six months old, so she is either in the playroom with her brother or in the other room with me. I go in there and watch a movie with them or just watch them play through the day, so they know I'm still around. But usually DS plays by himself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2010