Is it OK for mom to sleep with the baby/toddler while dad sleeps alone in the other room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My husband sleeps in anotehr bed or sometimes on the couch, if that's where he falls asleep. He sometimes sleeps in another bed so I can get a more restfull sleep than with him there. Or he needs more sleep and not awoke from that babies. It's sleep, to us it's more important than laying next to one another. That's what happens with babies to care for for a few years LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• LOL! Not unless you want that man to start searching for someone ELSE to sleep with. No. It's not acceptable. Your marriage will be headed south real soon.
    Anonymous

• It's not acceptable. Your marriage will be headed south real soon.

Not true!
    Anonymous

• LOL..I dont see the problem...after a while sex is just sex and for the most part you just lay there hearing each other breathing or farting or snoring...whatever works for you guys
    Anonymous

• anon you rock:55

Anonymous

• My husband and I have a great relationship. Just because you don't sleep in the same bed doesn't mean he will search out some other body to lay next to. If that is the case, he will be searching eventually anyways.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It would not be acceptable in my family so we never even considered it. If it works for our family and BOTH are on board with it, why not!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• it wouldn't fly in my house.. we have 1 room meant for just us
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 10:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

^^^^^^same here
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 10:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Casey and I have not shared a room for a few years now. The baby usually ends up in bed with me and he does not like sleeping with a baby in the bed. I also sleep better alone LoL I don't like to share my blanket! I think it works for us, for now. My parents didn't always sleep in the same room, my dad usually slept on the couch, and they are still together 27 yrs later. Casey was raised by his grandparents who also did not share a room. This was not intentional, just what works for us!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010