Does this name flow well?

So my husband and I both really like the name Brooke, but it doesn't flow well with our last name in my opinion. It would be Brooke Cox (middle name Grace) but I think that is choppy. So would you go with Brooklyn Cox? We'd still call her Brooke.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm about to get booed, hissed, and tomatoes thrown at me, but I never put much weight on a girl's name sounding good with a last name because she will spend more time with her married last name over the course of her lifetime than she will with her maiden name. Brooke is an old, classic name. Brooklyn is a trendy name. So, I say if you like Brooke and want to call her Brooke, then name her Brooke.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i dont think it's the last name, i think it's the middle name. i love the name grace but it doesnt really fit.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Hahahaha...unless she is me. LOL I have now gone 33years with my maiden name. I might get to change it in the next couple of years considering I finally found a man.

I like the flow of Brooklyn Grace Cox better than Brooke Grace Cox. Brooke Cox sounds choppy to me as well.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• i'd go with brooklyn. this is one of the few trendy names that I like. This way, your daughter can choose to have one of 2 options for her name when she gets older.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• as I read this Brooklyn came to mind even though Brooke is a beautiful name you'd still be calling her Brooke. so go for Brooklyn.
    Anonymous

• LOL I actually knew a Brooke Cox when I was in school. So yeah it sounds normal to me lol. Everyone always called her Brookie though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Brooke Cox itself really sounds okay. I think a longer middle name would go better, since both the first and last name are short.
    Brooke Marie Cox is a nice one. For a short middle name.
    Brooke Samantha Cox.
    Brooke Elizabeth Cox.
    For example.

Brooklyn is a nice extension if you'd like to use that. And call her Brooke for short.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think Brooke Grace Cox doesn't flow well because they're all one syllable names. I like Brooklyn better.
    And FTR, not all women change their last name when they get married. I kept mine through my first marriage and may very well do it again through the second. :)
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think it sounds fine. Not many times in life will she be using her whole name.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• LOVEEE BRooke!! Its my daughters name and my middle name lol but i think Brooklyn flows well.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2010