What did McChrystal say???

From what I've been able to Google, he has pretended not to recognize Biden's name and said he wasn't all that impressed with Obama. Does anybody know? Or do we have to wait til Rolling Stone comes out?

crystalhuskey

Asked by crystalhuskey at 10:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• There were some quotes in articles today, just not the whole story. I'm trying to remember which ones had larger quotes, I think WSJ did, and I know one of the Washington ones did, but I read so many I lost track of which article was on which website.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• He said Fire me because WAR is hard and I said I could do it but I cant so let me RESIGN ....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

ROFLMFAO. He said nothing of the sort - he basically said Obama is clueless and John Kerry of all people backed him up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• The truth? ha ha! He said lots of things. A meeting with Obama was a 10 min photo op. That Obama didn't even seem to know who he (McChrystal) was. Just google McChrystal. But look at different news sights to get a good view. I know all about the UCMJ and all that. I know about his rank. BUT, enough BS is enough BS. AND I'd like to see Obama get this war done to our benefit without McChrystal. I read some of the responses on one of the sights I looked at, and one individual pointed out that if McChyrstal resigns, or what have you, he will be free to write a book. And I'm sure it won't be very kind to Obama. He won't have any reason to keep his mouth shut then, will he? He'd have no reason to lie, either because being free from the army means free from all the damn stress and everything that goes along with it. Obama needs McChrystal.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Didn't he call the handling of the war an effing mess? (or something like that) I know he dropped an f-bomb in there somewhere. The thing is; he can complain laterally. He just can't complain publicly. That breaks the CMJ.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• It's the UCMJ. Not CMJ. :)
    Anonymous

• basically he just disagreed with the president. He really didn't say anything bad at all. The man (and I use that term loosely) in the White House just can't deal with anyone disagreeing with him. He has too much pride and that pride has and is going to get people killed.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Folks are saying he ought not to have spoken out without resigning first.
    So, if he sees that Obama's refusal to give his men the reinforcements and the permission to ACCOMPLISH the goal they have been given, I guess these folks want McChrystal to just keep quiet and let his men die, and let the war go on and on needlessly with MORE of his men dying.

Remember how he said he needed 60,000 to 75,000 more troops immediately OR WE RISKED FAILING IN AFGHANISTAN. And then Obama dithered for MONTHS, and only agreed to a fraction of McChrystal's requested number of reinforcements.

And why did Obama let down our troops? To make political points with liberals. POLITICAL POINTS ! While valiant troops' LIVES are lost !!!

Some critics are unfamiliar with the military code of ethics, but it might be that McChrystal was reluctant to ABANDON his men by resigning, just so he'd be free to criticize the White House's irresponsibility.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• waldorfmom,

I agree, you can't fight a war half-assed. When you fight a war with one arm tied behind your back (the liberal way) then you cant win, and it causes needless American deaths

Obama now wants to give out a medal for showing restraint. If  you send in troops, you send them in to win or don't send them at all. The Generals know how to win, a community organiser does not.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 6:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2010