Not including the 'no anonymous button' idea, what do you think is the one thing that would make Cafemom better?

Just wondering. I'm not really sure what one thing I would pick yet. =)

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Stricter monitoring for the extreme bashing and stalking...
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Gee I wish I could be rated for my answers. Maybe I would become popular enough to use the cool new features... or maybe not. :(
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• not a fan of the new rating system, and as for the anon button, yeah I use it on ocassion. especially when my answer goes against someone with very strong opinions. I do think we should be able to delete responses on our own questions though.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• delete without reporting, I mean
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with the anon button. It's useful for those who NEED to remain anon due to people they know using this site. They don't need to air their business to everyone in their town, but still need adivce. Also, if you have a problem with people bashing, etc who post Anon, then report them. The more people that report them, the quicker they'll have their account deleted. It's that simple.

I really don't have any specific issues with thise site and how it is run.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• No, I'm sorry. I didn't specify. I meant not to say the anonymous button only because I already know that it's a popular opinion to take it off. I do see some uses for the Anon button.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I think they need to be more fair in certain situations. For example, there are group for every race and ethnicity except white moms. If the word "white" or "Caucasian" is used in the title then the group gets deleted for being offensive, yet there's groups for every other ethnicity, some even very offensive . I also think that CM needs to be stricter with the bashing and down right immaturity that happens. I've seen posts get deleted over next to nothing while another post has people calling each other every name in the book and every curse word in the book but nothing is done.

hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I too  think there should be a way for the person whom asked the question to have the ability to delete a posters comments once they are reported. This way maybe the CM Team can see WHOM is reporting it and that response some one posted.

I hope they have a way via their IP addresses of knowing whom the jerky people are. I have been known to use ANON myself whether asking a question or replying to a question and hope they keep that feature. When I comment ANON it's never to name call or belittle some one for their thoughts, but to take up for the ones they are bashing. I just don't understand why forums bring the freaks out to "play". And its sad many are sensative and feelings get hurt. No sense in that at all. That should not be tolerated.

Some need to think before posting and is it worth getting their account deleted or their IP addresses blocked and banned?

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• easing up on membership, since there's no real way to know who anyone is and it encourages dishonesty in otherwise well intentioned people just to participate
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:59 AM on Sep. 14, 2010