IM 13 WEEKS PREGNANT AND CAN'T REALLY EAT ANYTHING THAT SETTLE'S WITH MY BABY WHAT ARE SOME OF THE THINGS I CAN TRY TO EAT?

smilez19143

Asked by smilez19143 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Please get a list from your dr. of what foods and medicines are NOT allowed. Step 2 is to remember the food triangle. Cravings are not a myth. I was desprate for a cup of choclate milk and a bowl of warm krout every morning. When I asked my Dr he stated cravings are my body demanding what it needs. I found cold sandwich wraps and soups to be the easiest to eat.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I GOT THE LIST BUT I GET SICK AFTER I EAT MOST OF THE FOOD, I CAN EAT SOUP BUT I DONT JUST WANT TO EAT SOUP THE WHOLE TIME IM PREGNANT. I CAN KEEP DOWN SPICY FOOD BUT THEY DON'T WANT ME TO REALLY EAT THAT.
    smilez19143

Answer by smilez19143 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• crackers and ginger tea were all that I could eat for 1/2 my pregnancy. The other half I shoveled my face full of whatever was within reach... I gained like 80 pounds!
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 11:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• THANKS. I WILL TRY IT
    smilez19143

Answer by smilez19143 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• During one pregnancy I was so sick the entire time. I lived for 8 months on peanut butter, no jelly, on bread, milk and orange slices
    Anonymous

• Eat some toast. I've even heard that if you sniff a lemon when nausiated you will feel better. I liked having something cold on my forehead, like a washcloth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I am not one of those who got morning sickness and my favorite food was any kind of cereal. It was something about that cold milk. Tossed salads settled good with me too. YOU can get all the food groups with a salad it you mix it right. Try cereal in the mean time.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 12:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Hi there, Try preggy pops. Typical maternity stores have them in stock. I don't sell them online because they are only $5.50, but I am sure they are all over the net. They have ginger in them, and taste like a candy. What I would say is to try a bland diet and eat a pop after they settle your stomach short term and do not always work for everyone. Good Luck.
    Lisa
    www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 5:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Try sandwiches and baked foods. Sometimes fried food will make you vomit and too much grease will give you heartburn. Eat more salads.
    deliela

Answer by deliela at 6:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008