Why do some people that want to be together for ever and have kids together not get married?

I was just thinking about it and was wondering. Cause if they truly love one another than why not get married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• My parents are not married and have been together for about 25 years. I guess I don't know why they never chose to get married, but I know it did help when my mom decided to go back to school and get a degree. she wouldn't have gotten any financial aid if they were married and counting his income. so I guess that was good lol :) It also helps when it comes to their credit. just one point that some people might consider.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 11:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• it's a piece of paper if you are not religious.
    Anonymous

• OP here...I get that its just a piece of paper to some but my question...Why not get married? Like what are your reasons?
    Anonymous

• It worked out so well for Susan Sarandon and Goldie Hawn..... NOT
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Look at what marriage is .. I mean really. Marriage is the Union of two people who've commited their lives together, then signed a document under the state. That's all. The only difference between a serious relationship and a marriage is a piece of paper. You do get benefits from the state and country if you're legally married, but there aren't any differences otherwise. If two people don't want to get married then there's no difference aside from government benefit from being married.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I feel more security in the fact that we live our daily lives together out of choice, than out of necessity. If, at any point down the line, we decide that this is not in fact the best possible thing (as people grow, and mature, sometimes their lives lead them on different paths- and they simply can not maintain their relationship and still be happy as individuals), then there is the option of exiting gracefully.
    So, so, so many more reasons... my question is why is is to important to YOU? It isn't your life, your relationship, and it in no way affects you.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• because so many people get married only to wind up single again, and what has changed other than the money spent?
    Anonymous

• Op here...No its not my life and it doesn't effect me at all. I was really just wondering. You didn't have to answer the question  so no need to be nasty. Thank you ladies for your answers :)

Anonymous

• I don't need a certificate from the state to tell me how much my boyfriend and m love each other.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• **me
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2010