I'm having sooooo much trouble finding things to eat!

I just started my third trimester, and I don't know why, but I'm always nauseaus, and I hardly have an appetite. I do not have the stomach flu, but I did just recently get over a cold and now have a cough, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I'm always nauseaus and when I drink water I get even more nauseaus! Not to mention that everything to eat sounds gross and nauseating... but I eat anyways. Any suggestions on how to handle this? or how to get myself to eat and drink more?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's cause there's no more room in your stomach. i'm 8 1/2 months and i basically live off different kinds of soup and fruit because it's nutritious and easy on my squished stomach
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• maybe, but wil that cause nausea? I understand how it will cause indigestion and make you full easier, but I've been nauseaus pretty much during this entire pregnancy :( but just recently my appetite has gone completley down hill :(
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• They say it's normal for morning sickness to return in the third trimester. I remember when pregnant with my first I was horribly sick, felt just like the flu from 6 weeks til 24 weeks then one day I woke up and actually felt human again... I was so happy thinking it was over then bam I hit 28 weeks and it was back full force til she was born. I was diagnosed with heperemesis gravidarum with that pregnancy and put on meds.
    I'm 29 weeks pregnant now and having pretty much the same experience. Just when I think I'm out of the woods I'm puking like crazy again. None of the normal morning sickness cures ever helped me, I just had to try new things until I found foods I could actually keep down. As for the water, I just had to be stubborn about drinking a little water often throughout the day because too much at once would make me feel horrible.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If you don't think you are able to eat enough to provide baby with enough nutrition, you may want to research hyperemesis gravidarum. Also you may want to ask your ob/midwife about Phenergan or Zofran for your very bad days. I hate taking meds while pregnant but there are some days where that's the only way to get food to my little one. Sorry you're going through this, I know how horrible it feels. I have actually felt okay the last few days, and I'm so hungry, but everything to eat sounds disgusting... lol sometimes you just can't win. Hope you feel better.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I haven't been throwing up or anything, so I can force myself to eat despite the nausea, its just very uncomfortable and frustrating.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2010