What to get new mommy in hospital?

YAY!!!! :) Our niece just had her little boy (on a scary note she was taken in for preeclampsia and he was 2 weeks early) but all is well! Anyhow I was thinking of grabbing either a cute outfit or diapers for him but what should I get her? I remember getting flowers but they die and balloons just deflate and blah! what should I get her that she would really appreciate? What would you have loved to have got after you delivered? She will be released tomorrow but I will see her before she leaves the hospital. Thoughts mommies? :)

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 10:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• FOOOOOODDDD!! omg i can not stress it enough. after i delivered both of my kids i was so friggin hungry and hospital food is so nasty. cook something good or pick something up from a good restaurant.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would bring her a meal in a basket. Pasta sauce, noodles, french bread, bottle of sparkling apple cider and any thing else you think they need for a meal. That way that is one dinner she doesn't have to worry about during her recovery.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• My Mom got me a message gift certificate. It was my favorite thing i got when i was in the hospital, Well besides my kids :)
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 11:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• yes, food! hospital food sucks so bad! and try to pick something she wasn't allowed to have pregnant but can have now. Keep the sodium level low though. My hubby ordered a pizza for us while we were in the hospital and it shot my blood pressure back up. Preeclampsia is NO FUN, but I'm glad to hear that she and baby are going home tomorrow :) congrats!

also, I would try some scented body wash/lotion set or something like that to help her feel pretty (or at least human) again
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I agree with PP's .. FOOD!! LOL. I wanted a smoothie after. Everyone who came brought me smoothies, I was in heaven lol.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• A gift card for a manicure, or other pampering, maybe a new nightgown, or robe? Something to make her feel pretty. I always felt so dumpy after having a baby!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Diamonds. I didnt care about food. I wanted my diamonds and I wanted them BIG.
    Anonymous

• a bath set, lotion, body wash, shampoo, ect. maybe a super comfy robe if she doesnt have one and some restaurant gift cards, that way hubby can go out and get stuff or they can use them so they don't have to cook later
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• see if her hospital offers a la carte spa service and get her a treatment. It will be the last time she can even think of a pedicure for a long time.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Someone bought me a nice box of chocolates! It was awesome! I ate the whole box while I was in the hospital and it made me feel so good that she thought to do that for me :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2010