I am 33 weeks pregnant - should I be worried that I haven't noticed any milk coming in yet?

With my first child I remember having slight leakage problems at this point, but it doesn't even feel like anything is happening to my breasts this time around. I would really like to breastfeed this time (I only lasted 3 weeks with my son due to lack of support and knowledge - even from LCs.) and I am becoming increasingly nervous that I might not even get the chance to try. ANY breastfeeding advice is welcome, also. Even though I am a mother, I am so new to this aspect of mothering and could use all the help and support I can get! Thanks!

Mrspotts712

Asked by Mrspotts712 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never had any leakage with any of my pregnancies and I breastfed all three of my kids. Every pregnancy is different. You should have no problems. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• My milk never came in that early... Both my kids were 42 weeks and I have never had any pre-birth leakage...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• my first i was leeking like a cow LOL, second i dident leek at all! thank god lol, look at it as a good thing!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• no worries! i never leaked, felt fullness or anything & BF dd w/ no problems for 20mo.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• your milk isnt supposed to come in until after you give birth, from what i was told after the placenta detaches is when your body signals to produce milk. i am not sure if that is correct but that is what i was told by my nurse when i had my son. and my milk didnt come in until a week after i had him....
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 11:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• no dont worry my boobs never evern became engorged... she still gpt enough!! srry with the spelling im typing with 1 hand ha!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree with all the ladies above me, I too didn't lease or had milk while pregnant.  After of course my milk came in and was able to breastfeed my son for 18 months.  You can visit the La Leche League website for more info and support nursing, also kellymom.com.  Good Luck mama and don't worry yourself too much.

Twisted_Halo

Answer by Twisted_Halo at 2:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I never leaked while pregnant with my first, my breasts hardly changed at all actually. I'm 29 weeks now with my second and my breasts are a little bigger than normal... but definitely nothing leaking. I've never had any issues with breastfeeding, the colostrum starts once baby comes out and then my milk comes in a day or two later. My best friend is built much like me, but for some reason she leaks the last 4 months of her pregnancies... I didn't have any more issues than her with breastfeeding; everyone is just built differently I guess. I wouldn't worry, and I wish you all the best with breastfeeding.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I never leaked with my pregnancies
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• well, milk will not come in until after the baby is born. you might leak colostrum, you might now. every pregnancy is diff. i didn't leak w/ ds#1 and nursed him till he was 14mo. ds#2, i leaked a little towards the end. i'm 3wks pp and still nursing. he's gained 3lbs so far.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2010