10 year friendship coming to an end?

My friend who is also the Godmother of my son and I am the Godmother of her son did not invite me to her two other childrens First Communion and Confirmation. I have always been invited to all family functions, but suddenly have been cut out. She mentioned in passing about the events, but never told me to mark the day on my calender. I found out through facebook that she had family and friends over to celebrate. We have not been in a fight and I always thought of her and her family as my family as well. She was always included in any function that I have had for my children. Now I am just hurt and find myself pulling away and have no desire to speak with her. Am I right for feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I am going through the SAME thing.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would maybe call and ask her out to lunch or something where you can talk (tell her you would like to talk). Then, in a calm way, I would tell her how important her friendship has meant to you, and ask her if you've done anything to upset or offend her, because you've felt like she's been distant to you, and that you were a little surprised and hurt that you weren't included in the Communion and Confirmation celebrations, since you view her as a sister, and her children as nieces / nephews.

Try to keep it non accusing, and use "I" statements. See what she says - because who knows, she might be asking something very similar, because she assumed that, because you are so close, that you didn't need an invitation to those events - that you just knew you were invited.

good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I'd be pretty upset, time to talk to her if you value the relationship. Sometimes ppl grow apart, not anyone's fault, just different points in life. Decide whether or not this friendship is worth saving & go from there.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• you guys need to talk. Don't throw away a 10 year friendship, ask her whats up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2010