Am I being too sensitive?

My daughter had a c-section this morning at 7:30. My daughter, her husband and my self arived at the hospital at 5:30. We were all told that dad would be able to show me the baby at 8 at the window and he would be able to come out to tell me about how my daughter was doing at 9. At 9:30 I was getting very nervous for both the babies and my daughter health because I had heard nothing. A cleaning lady could tell I was upset so she called to see if someone could come out. Finially her husband did. They both are very secretive about everything, the name of the baby, everything. Now that I know everyone is fine my feeling are very hurt. Am I just being stupid and over sensitive?

tgabe63

Asked by tgabe63 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Congratulations Grandma! Having a baby and grandbaby is an emotional time. Everyone is tired and excited at the same time. You don't know what was going on in the room at the time.
    I doubt anything was done to hurt you intentionally. Have a good cry, let it go then enjoy every second of being a grandma. There is nothing BETTER!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sometimes we want to just spend a few minutes bonding with hubby and baby. Don't take it personally

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• When we had our children, I didn't want anyone other than my husband and the medical team in the room with us or at the hospital. I wanted the first couple of hours just for us. We called everyone (including my mother) hours after our children were born - both times.

Be honored that they asked you to go to the hospital with them and understand that there was so much going on - especially with a C-Section. I know how worried you must have been. Try to look outside yourself. Know that you are loved and wanted (they asked you to go to the hospital) and that this is a very special time for them (and you) let go of your hurt feelings and enjoy the arrival of your new GB. I needed my mother after having our first child more than any other time in my life and looked to her for advice and reassurance. Remember, nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, it is good to forgive and let go of hurt feelings. Enjoy this special time.
    SandraD101

Answer by SandraD101 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I don't think so. My daughter asked me to be in the room both times with her and her husband. I would definitely check up on the situation as she is YOUR daughter.
    Anonymous

• My feelings would be hurt too... why all the secrecy? Is there a chance that you are making them uncomfortable? Are you controlling or overbearing in some way or are they just acting weird? I'd talk about it and find out what the problem is.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 12:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It was very insensitive of them to make you wait for info when they knew you were out there worrying. I would say husband was a bit insensitive.

Answer by older at 7:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• No, you're not being too sensitive, you have evry right to be hurt. Is there another side to the story though? I remember my overbearing mother in law who wanted to control every single decision i made during my pregnancy. I told ex husband that she was to be no where near the delivery room. I know she was hurt about it, but she was also stressing me out to the point where i wanted to punch her in the face. I'm sure you're nothing like my ex mother in law, but what I'm saying is that young parents can be weird when in delivery. They don't want anyone making any decisions for them making it seem like they don't know whats going on. Alot of parents of young moms tend to be overbearing, they're still looking out for THEIR babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2010