• In the Spotlight:

What is the best way to fertilize your garden with out chems?

I have a garden that has the best prepped soil in town. Now it is in bloom but I am not sure if I shoudl fertalize again? I also do not want to use any harsh chems. i amnot sure if I need to fertilize or just let it grow?? Help!

JennaC2010

Asked by JennaC2010 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Horse manure. No joke. A friend of mine does it, and her garden is always beautiful.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I have a handful of friends that use rabbit poop...lol Get a couple of rabbits to keep as pets and just shovel thier poop in your garden.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Poop!! Horse, cow, etc. Best way to naturally fertilize.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Start a compost pile and use that to help fertilize.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• compost especially banana and orange rinds, even if you dont compost them, chop them up and throw them on top! Works great!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Compost is excellent, but it needs to be well "cooked". You can also purchase other organic fertilizers from places like Gardens Alive! (www.gardensalive.com) that are very good.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Compost or well rotten manure. Just work it into the soil gently with a small hand held garden fork. I fertilize in the spring and then again in late summer for fall.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 10:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2010