Can I use No More Milk tea to HELP Wean my 2 1/2 yr old?

I am trying to wean my son who will be 3 in December. It's really not going well- He has no interest in stopping, he has slowed down nursing throughout the day but does nurse to go to sleep whether it's to nap or bedtime, and he still wakes up several times thru the night to nurse.
I think my biggest concern is I don't know any other way to get him to sleep w/out nursing him- He has NEVER fell asleep w/out nursing.
I was wondering if I could use some of the No More Milk tea just to slow down my milk production so it will diminish slowly- and maybe he'll know that it's not there anymore.
What I tell my husband (who just doesn't understand why he's still nursing) "It's not like I can take them (my breasts) away like I could with a bottle. They are always going to be there."

cuteasabutton78

Asked by cuteasabutton78 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Actually, you could just take them away. Your child is almost old enough for preschool. You aren't doing him any favors by letting him nurse to sleep. I never let my dd nurse until she fell asleep because I knew she needed to learn how to fall asleep on her own.

You need to find something else that can help him. Try classical music, or some other soothing form of sound or aroma therapy. Or try reading to him instead combined with some cuddle time.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I can't imagine a 3 year old still nursing or on a bottle. You should have weaned him 2 years ago imo.Stop nursing & your milk will dry up. Just tell him he's a big boy now & big boy's don't nurse. If he cries & he probably will,give him a little of his favorite snack. He will love it!
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• zoolady12, Also there are plenty of moms who nurse their 2 yr olds, if the post/question offends you why bother writing and being so rude!
    just ignore the questions that you have no good answers too.
    Anonymous