so upset i dont know what to do anymore

ok so i dont know what to do anymore im going nuts. me and my husband want a child together. i have a son that is 4 years old. my husband has never had kids. we have been trying for almost a year and nothing. i just dont know what to do. my time isnt exatlly the same time every month so i dont know how to time stuff you know. we have gone as far as sex every othe day from the last day of one time to start of the next and still nothing. im wondering if its me or him but i dont know if there is anything esle we can try before talking to him about maybe it being him? im just so confussed i dont know what to do. my first kid was not planed so i didnt think it was going to be this hard to have another one. any one have any answers or anything that could be helpful for me. anything you did or didnt do.. anything that could help him out? i heard laying down with your butt up helps i have done hat nothing. i just dont know what to do.

jacobmommy62106

Asked by jacobmommy62106 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Maybe talk to your dr about it.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, the best thing that we could have done was to stop trying. The minute that happened we got pregnant (after 2 1/2 years of trying).
    We were having problems again our 2nd time, so again I gave up on trying (the next month I was late). I know this doesn't work for everyone, but sometimes the reason for the empty womb is because of the stress of TTC. If that doesn't work after a few months, you might want to consider having a fertility test done.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• but how do you just stop trying? thats got to be soo hard when you want something soooo bad..
    jacobmommy62106

Answer by jacobmommy62106 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I would talk to your Dr about it first - it could be just you talking to your OB/GYN about it, and get some tips from them, before you start having him tested and stuff.

But, there could be any number of things - some of them "easy fix" things that could help. Like, for example - does he wear "whitie tightie" underwear or does he wear boxers? That can affect sperm count. Does he get enough folic acid in his diet - if he doesn't have enough, that can lower sperm count. Smoking and alcohol consumption can also lower sperm count / mobility.

Good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• take prenatel vit and have sex everyother day...it took me and my man almost 3 years to get out son and our second son took almost a year
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• ok thank you every helpful
    jacobmommy62106

Answer by jacobmommy62106 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Buy Vitex you can buy it at a health food store It helps with irregular periods. Keep trying!
    misscomplex9890

Answer by misscomplex9890 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Are you doing OPK's? Do you know if your ovulating? At a reproductive endo for around $125 you can bring in his sperm and they will see if its viable/ what the count is.. ect. Also, HORMONES play a big part. Get them tested. Have a U.S to see if your producing follicles. Know when your most fertile days are :) Good luck! Baby dust!!
    Nenej007

Answer by Nenej007 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010