Does anyone else feel mentally scattered?

I'm 19weeks and I feel mentally scattered! It's hard for me to concentrate on one task, I'm paying bills late, I feel like I can't think straight too. I was makig Mac & Cheese tonight and I had to read the directions on the box because I couldn't remember if I was supposed to boil water first or put noodles in at the same time. I also can't remember anything! How is everyone else coping?

novemberbaby14

Asked by novemberbaby14 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I remember pregnancy brain. I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair in the shower one day. I got to work and realised it. I also drove to the store one evening and then started walking home. It wasn't until I got to the corner and couldn't remember crossing the street on the way there that I remembered I'd driven.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2010

• YES!!! thats called "pregnancy brain"...I firmly believe that babies suck your brain power while "baking"  ..lol. I remember with all of mine I was so scatterbrained it was pitiful at times.

hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• YES.... i had to drop my math classes this summer because of it. I kept forgetting the most obvious rules and had to have calculator....not me at all. hang in there!!!
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 7:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• lol. yes when i was pregnant the baby sucked the knowledged out of me. good luck. hang in there and it shall pass
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• 6 years later and I still have pregnancy brain. My son sucked all of my memory out of me and it shows too. Oh, and BTW, he has an excellent memory.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Yes, I felt like that while pregnant. With every pregnancy it seemed to get worse and I swear after this one (#3) my brain still hasn't returned. She is ten months. I am hoping it finally comes back when I am done nursing.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2010