people scarin you

is it bad for them to scare you when your pregnat i jus hate it when they do it to me sometimes i jus wanna cry i feel like my poor baby girl is gonna come out wit a scare or we mexicans believe if you scare the women when shes pregnat the baby is born with out the top part of his or mouth

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lol idk ... im mexican too and they always make sure that if anyones pregnant we dont scare anyone lol... but what my family says is that if they scare you when your pregnant that you'll go into labor and possibly too soon and have a miscarriage... but who knows
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 12:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• first its "pregnant" not "pregnat"....and that's just the beginning. IMO you're baby has more to worry about than you being scared. Educate yourself on birthing, and babies. If you are educated on what's going on with your body, baby and birthing experience, then people can't scare you.

hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• people can be so fucken rude if you dnt like my spellin get the hell over it and for your info its my first kid and dnt sit there and pretend that you had dumb ass questions before in your life your self so get over it
    senior_2OO8

Answer by senior_2OO8 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• hey hoobit, i think she meant like physically scare you.... as in startle... not like scare you about birth. Damm, dig it out!
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Still, educate yourself, not saying that mean, but when i was pregnant with my daughter i researched EVERY question i had!! i felt a lot more comfortable with that. ask quesitons to your dr too...

youll feel better when you do that. :) any questions you can ask me too i just had my first daughter not too long ago! :) GL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Interesting! I didn't know Mexicans believed that-learn something new everyday!

I would tell people your beliefs and I hopefully that will stop them. Good luck!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• hmm im mexican and ive never heard of that...i think its just a saying like other beliefs... i wouldt be scared :)
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• ok thank you momNbaby and yea thats how i am i wanna know every lil thing if i have a ? so thats why i thought on here would be a good place to ask ?'s to mom who understood and would be all rude bout thing but no you still have sum rude ass people on here
    senior_2OO8

Answer by senior_2OO8 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• That's just superstition. Being startled isn't going to cause a physical defect. I'm guessing when you say born without the top of their mouth you're meaning cleft palette? Cleft palette is just a random birth defect. The main risk factor to cleft palette is simply genetics.

I have 3 kids, all of which have perfectly beautiful mouths, and my husband thinks it's loads of fun to jump out and startle me...even while pregnant.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Oh, and hobbitswife, she said in her post she's Mexican. There is no need to be rude about spelling. English may not be her first language. She most likely is bilingual. Not only speaking both Spanish and English but also able to read and write both. That's pretty impressive. How many languages do you know?

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2010