If someone asks a question, and within the questions posts a link explaining their question, do you open up another window copy and paste that link and read the artical or watch the video??

I NEVER do.

It annoys me (I dont mind when ppl do this but i just don't read it) because i love answering questions and reading questions but i can't stand to read a whole article just to understand what the person is talking about.

I wish they would just break it down and explain it within the question itself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I never to either. Just summarize the crap and I will read it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i don't bother to, either. however, there are some real sticklers here on CM that will always respond with ''link, please??", and that to me, is just as annoying. who cares?!? if i wanted a dang link, i'd just google all day!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Depends on what it is. But usually no, I think either paste it here or don't bother posting the question and link at all. I have limited time where I can even be on the net doing things not related to my school work. I don't have time to chase links.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• When I post a link I will summarize before adding the link that way there is a reference to what I write about so I won't be accused of plagiarism and the reader has the option of reading the material for themselves.
    Everyone has their own interpretations to certain things, so it's good to be able to watch/read/listen if the author's summary is confusing or vague.
    Anyhow, if all I see if a post with a link then I will bypass it because I do not have time to guess what the link is for and wonder if it will corrupt my computer or if it will contain questionable content that I do not wish to view.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010